Announcing SirsiDynix® Enterprise™ 3.0
July 10th, 2009
ALA Conference CHICAGO, Illinois, July 10, 2009 – SirsiDynix, the world leader in library automation technology, announces SirsiDynix® Enterprise™ 3.0. Enterprise 3.0 offers users a single “search well” to discover all resources the library makes available. Those resources can include one or more library catalogs, digital collections, selected web sites, and federated resources.
Because Enterprise is a hosted solution, it will scale to accommodate any amount of searchable content. At the same time, a powerful administrative user interface will adapt the product to the needs of any library or consortium. Enterprise can have a footprint as small as a search box widget or it can serve as a full library web presence and content management system.
Enterprise 3.0 sets a new standard for local control in a hosted discovery tool. The Enterprise administrative user interface gives libraries the ability to define profiles for specific local patron groups. Library administrators have the ability to configure all of the following according to their local needs:
Search Scope: Users searching through a locally-defined profile may search everything the library offers or a subset of particular interest. Enterprise lets libraries define custom search limits for use within specific profiles. These limits allow users to focus searches on records or documents that match an enormous range of possible attributes including content source, location, language, reading level, and format.
- Look and feel: Libraries can upload their own headers, footers, and navigation panels. They can also upload their own Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to control fonts, colors, backgrounds, and layout
- Authentication: Libraries can decide whether or not authentication is required for a given profile and whether to use LDAP or the ILS user repository.
- Available content: In consortia, not all members have the same content subscriptions. Profiles allow configuration for individual members.
- Reporting: With built-in Google™ Analytics, Libraries will have unprecedented visibility into the usage trends of their Enterprise 3.0 discovery tool.
- Search Displays: Libraries can select which fields appear in search results and detail displays as well as the arrangement and behavior of those fields.
- Content Management: Libraries that use the content management features will enjoy the ability to select which content is available to specific profiles and can use both a WYSIWYG interface for editing and creating content or a built-in HTML editor.
Because all of this is configurable through an administrative user interface, there is no need to edit files on the server or to worry about whether customizations will be preserved through upgrades.
In addition to all of the above, Enterprise has essential elements that have become standard for a modern library discovery tool including real-time availability information, integration with an industry-wide social network (through ChiliFresh), seamless placement of holds, enriched content integration, “did you mean” search suggestions, and RSS/ATOM feeds.
“We’re very happy with the excitement and anticipation SirsiDynix Enterprise 3.0 has generated. We received an unprecedented number of customer requests to participate in the beta process,” says Talin Bingham, SirsiDynix Chief Technology Officer. The beta program for SirsiDynix Enterprise 3.0 will conclude this summer. General availability is scheduled for September 2009.
For more information about Enterprise 3.0, contact your SirsiDynix sales consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
SirsiDynix is the global leader in strategic technology solutions for libraries – vital institutions whose primary mission is to make sense of the vast world of information for people and communities. This is an exciting role as libraries assist people in discovering and using knowledge, resources and other valuable content for their educations, jobs and entertainment. In concert with key industry partners, SirsiDynix supports this strategic role for libraries by offering a comprehensive integrated suite of technology solutions for improving the internal productivity of libraries and enhancing their capabilities for meeting the needs of people and communities. SirsiDynix has approximately 4,000 library and consortia clients, serving more than 300 million people through more than 20,000 library outlets in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please see www.sirsidynix.com.