SirsiDynix Symphony® 3.4.1 brings SMS notifications, indexing enhancements and more
December 15th, 2011
LEHI, UTAH (December 15, 2011) – SirsiDynix, the world’s leading provider of library automation solutions, today announced the 3.4.1 release of the company’s flagship SirsiDynix Symphony® integrated library system. SirsiDynix Symphony, the most comprehensive ILS available in the industry, features state-of-the-art modules for all the functionality a library needs. Version 3.4.1 builds upon this platform with numerous efficiency-enhancing features including the ability to send SMS notifications.
“As the core of our library automation technology, SirsiDynix Symphony continues to provide libraries with the comprehensive functionality they need for day-to-day library management,” said SirsiDynix Chief Executive Officer Bill Davison. “Symphony 3.4.1 delivers a full suite of upgrades to give SirsiDynix libraries even greater efficiency and flexibility in these operations.”
A few highlights from the enhancements included in Symphony 3.4.1 include:
- Tabbed display for multiple open wizards in the Workflows staff client for added efficiency;
- Indexing improvements and additional configuration options for use with the Item Group Editor wizard for increased accuracy and ease of use;
- Support for multilingual MARC record holdings including display enumeration and chronology information in the same language as the associated MARC bibliographic record, for convenience and time savings;
- SMS notification support giving libraries an additional efficient and cost-effective notification option for reaching library users;
- Solaris x86 compatibility, further expanding the industry-leading range of platform options available to SirsiDynix Symphony libraries.
Additionally, 3.4.1 is certified with the latest SirsiDynix Web Services release supporting BookMyne™ and BookMyne+ mobile applications for iOS and Android devices. Current customers can view the full enhancement list by logging in to the SirsiDynix Customer Support Center website. For more information on the SirsiDynix Symphony ILS, visit www.sirsidynix.com/products/symphony.
SirsiDynix connects people with knowledge at more than 23,000 libraries around the world. Through library management technology and search and discovery tools, libraries using SirsiDynix technology bring relevant resources and the power of knowledge to their users and communities. SirsiDynix technology is architected to be open, scalable and robust, offering a complete solution out-of-the-box, and unparalleled flexibility through APIs and web services. Complemented by the most experienced training, consulting and support staff in the industry, SirsiDynix helps libraries create tomorrow’s libraries, today. www.sirsidynix.com